Joint Early Intervention Service
The PEBT sponsors a confidential Joint Early Intervention Service (JEIS), which is to complement the long term disability benefit plan by providing a proactive and timely service to Members that facilitates their return to work in a caring, safe, and timely manner. It is an integrated part of the Core Long Term Disability (LTD) benefit. As part of the PEBT LTD program, all Members are required to participate in the JEIS program.
The PEBT funds the JEIS independent of other commitments. All local unions and school districts fully support this program.
What is the JEIS program?
The JEIS program works with Members who are ill or injured at the very beginning (by the 6th day) of their absences from work.
When Members first become ill or injured, a Health Care Management Specialist (HCMS) from Desjardins Insurance contacts them. If necessary, the HCMS follows them through their treatment and recovery and helps them return to work during the 120-day qualifying period for Core LTD benefits.
During this period, the HCMS makes sure Members receive the very best possible care and, if appropriate, a coordinated rehabilitation plan.
If Members are unable to return to work after the LTD qualifying period, the HCMS helps them transfer to the LTD program.
The JEIS program’s primary goals include:
- Providing early identification of Members’ needs and active/caring treatment of Member health issues.
- Facilitating the return to work (RTW) of Members.
- Promoting open discussion and support for the JEIS by the Local Unions and School Districts at all levels.
- Ensuring the long term viability of the Core LTD program.
- Easing the transition to LTD, if required.
General Information on the JEIS program
Click the link below to learn more about the following
- The JEIS Process
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Program Costs
- Frequently Asked JEIS Questions
- Updates and Documents